Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Connor - Weekly Sketch

I'm playing catchup this week since spending the extended memorial weekend in Austin.  I brought down my sketch kit with the intention of getting some work done but alas, utilized the better part of my trip shopping, eating and sleeping.  It was nice but back to work now.  I haven't been completely unproductive though...just haven't had a chance to scan anything until now.  


Here's the first - some quick sketches of the little guy.  Back in high school and college I would doodle in ballpoint pen next to my lecture notes.   These days it has replaced a pencil as my tool of choice for sketches.  I find that my penciling style is often too rigid and contrived.  The loose pen lines appear more organic and interesting.


Ballpoint Pen on Paper, 5"x8"

No comments:

Post a Comment