Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Parallel 001

I recently came across some sketches by an artist, L Filipe dos Santos, that's reminiscent of the Rorshachs in my psychology days.   The idea is to create an illustration from the shapes of random inkblots.  I decided it would be a neat exercise to stretch my imagination and found that I really enjoyed the exploration. 


I first used acrylic to create the image below in my Moleskine sketch.

Acrylic on Paper, 10'x8'

I then illustrated my interpretation using pen over the inkblots.  I will upload my drawing at the end of the week but I'm extremely interested in what everyone else perceives.  Post your interpretations or better yet,  download the the image above and create your own vision using whatever medium you'd like.  

No comments:

Post a Comment