Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Il lettore - Weekly Sketch

A little over a year ago in a rare act of sibling solidarity, my brother and I agreed to get matching themed tattoos if I design them.  We decided on Roaring 20's sparrows.  Maybe it's my aversion to pain or my knack for procrastination but to this day no birds yet.  I think it's some deep seated psychological issue because really...surely even the most tardy offender must be able to knock something out in 18 months.


In an effort to get inked sometime this decade, Chris went solo instead and asked for an image of a fox reading a book; I suppose because he lives for books and fancies himself clever.  I envisioned something dark, gothic.  Mr. Fox in a heavy velvet robe sitting in the armchair of Poe's library.


This is what came out.
Watercolor on Paper, 5"x8"

It's probably because of my recent submersion into watercolors yet somehow, this actually reminds me more of my brother - light, whimsical, skinny legs?  I'm still working on the tattoo but this nevertheless is dedicated to you Brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment