Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Respite - WIP

While organizing and consolidating all of my art supplies, I came across a set of Loew-Cornell acrylics.  I've been trying to replace most of my old stock with better grade products to save myself the headache and time of messing around with sub-par materials that just won't work the way they should.   Well, here was an almost new set of scholastic paints that I could either toss or wait until Connor gets old enough to enjoy them (in his predominantly WHITE room) but I decided to have a little fun testing out some Strathmore 400 series acrylic paper.


I chose a set of primary and neutral colors.  Surprisingly,  I am quite pleased with the way it's coming along.  I am especially fond of how there's subtle energy and movement in the warm colors juxtaposed against the calm demeanor of the subject.  I don't feel like it's quite finished yet but I want to let it sit a while before decided where I want to go with it.


Acrylic on Paper, 9"x12"
Comments and critique welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment