Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Can Tho

...And we continue with the Holiday posting catch up.  


This one is of Cần Thơ, a city in Vietnam named from "cầm thi giang" - river of poems.  It is especially recognizable for it's "floating market" - vending accomplished solely by small barges along the river.  This is the first scene I've drawn of my native country; someday I'd like to return and spend some leisurely time creating artwork of the cityscapes.


I used Fabrino Artistico extra white watercolor paper for this and the best word to describe it is "yummy!"  Sometimes paper is a preferential thing but this was the right amount of absorbency, durability and cost for my style.  I received some Arches CP for Christmas so we'll see if it lives up to the hype. Sorry the scan isn't great.


Watercolor on Paper, 7.5" x 9.5"

Can Tho, Framed

Can Tho, Closeup

2 comments:

  1. You've very beautiful drawings on your blog. You have a portfolio site with your other works?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, lovely paintings on your site, do post paintings more often :)

    ReplyDelete