Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Grizzled

I think I drank about 4 sodas and 3 glasses of tea tonight.  The result is that I'm wide awake at 3:00 am...but fortuitously, I was also able to finish a drawing on the caffeine high.  I must also be a little loopy since I decided to do the piece in charcoal.  I usually dislike charcoal.  I love the look of art done in charcoal, but like pastel...it's messy.  I also hate the feel of chalk on my hands, not to mention that it sometimes causes my skin to break out in allergic boils (TMI?) so I generally avoid both.  I do feel that I'm missing out.


Unfortunately, I felt this character would best be captured in charcoal so I dug out my old charcoal pencils and blending stumps.  Yup - these hands stayed spanking clean!  It's cheating, I know, but they also make pastel pencils these days so some other people must share my abhorrence of chalky media. 

Charcoal on Paper, 9"x 12"

No comments:

Post a Comment